You can download the pdf of the regulation by clicking on this link : Reglement_2017_angl
1. Various European teams have been invited to enter the Forza Nations Cup 2018 in Hésingue (68) in France
2. The Forza Nations Cup is a doubles only competition, each team will play 1.WD, 1.MD and 2.XD in each age group: +40, +45, +50, +55, +60. Each age group can include a minimum of 2 women and 2 men and a maximum of 3 women and 3 men, so a team can comprise between 10 women and 10 men and 15 women and 15 men. An additional 4 players will be allowed to this maximum for each team.
3. The age taken into consideration is the player’s age on June 1st, 2018.
4. All competitors must be registered players of their national association on the day of the competition.
5. 2 types of team are eligible :
• National team: Each team can include 3 nationals from other countries which do not compete. These 3 players will be part of the national team and will have to be entered by this team. These teams are considered to come from one single country and only the name of that nation will be used. These 3 players are useful to complete some groups.
• Made-up teams: All players can come from 4 different nations maximum. This team will have to declare its name when entering. That type of team can have an unlimited number of players. It helps countries which cannot set up a national team to enter the prestigious Forza Nations Cup 2018. All the other rules will be applied to this team.
6. The number of team entries will determine the format of the competition :
• Seven nations or more: The first round will be played in two groups constituted according to their last ranking in the Forza Nations Cup. Each team will play all the other teams in their group. The top two in each group will qualify for the semi-finals. If possible ranking matches could be held for the unqualified teams according to the remaining time.
• Six nations or less: Teams will meet in a single group. Each team will play against all the other teams of the group. The winner of the group will win the competition.
7. The match between two nations includes 5 ties, 1 tie by age group +40, +45, +50, +55, +60. Each tie will consist of 4 rubbers : 1.MD, 1.WD, 2.XD. In the event of a draw in an age group, the tie-breaker will be decided by the number of games won and then eventually by the number of points won. Each age group won will award 1 point. The winner of the match will be decided by the number of age groups won. Therefore, the possible results per encounter can be: 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. The number of points awarded per match in all the 5 age groups will decide the winner of the match. No draw is possible at this stage.
8. The winning nation of the match will be awarded 2 points, the losing nation will not get any points.
9. At the end of the competition, in the event of a draw, the tie-breaker will be decided by the number of groups won, then the number of matches, then the number of games and finally the number of points.
10. The matches will be self-umpired. Challenges will be managed jointly by the referee and the 2 captains of both teams.
11. Players can have a 20 minutes’rest between the end of a match and the actual start of the next match. Warm-up or shuttlecocks testing are part of the 20-minutes ‘rest period.
12. No player can play in more than one age group, except in exceptional cases (injury, …).
13. No entry can be accepted unless accompanied by the entry fee by March 31st, 2018 to the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Each nation will make a single payment for its entire team.
15. The entry fee per player is set to 25 euros.
16. Entering a team is possible until April 30th, 2018, subject to the capacity and approval of the Committee of Management.
17. Each team entry will appear on the official organizational chart. They will include: team name, National or else, name of team captain with his telephone and e-mail address, name of vice-captain, name and first name of each player with their date of birth, gender and nationality. The list of players of the team may be modified until May 15th, 2018. Final adjustments to the list of players due to injury, illness (provide a medical certificate) may be made by June 1st, 2018 at the latest, 30 minutes before the start of the game. The captain will hand his team composition including only players present at the moment of handing over to the referee 30 minutes before the start of the match.
18. Rubbers will be played in accordance to the BWF rules. Games will be played in 21 points and matches to the best of 3 games. A 1 minute maximum break will be allowed when the score reaches 11 points and a maximum break of 2 minutes between games. Coaching will be authorized in accordance to the rules of the competition.
19. “FZ Forza VIP” shuttlecocks will be used during the competition. They will be provided free of charge by the organizing Committee.
20. Each match between 2 nations will be played on a maximum of 3 courts.
21. Once a rubber has started, no player substitution will be allowed.
22. In case of a walk over, the injured players will keep their score, and the opponents will be credited with the number of sets and points required to win.
23. The referee has the power to decide for the entire competition. His decisions are final.
24. The use of performance-enhancing drugs severely damages the legitimacy of sport. The BWF anti-doping rules (2015) ensure the integrity of badminton. Testing may take place during the whole competition.